As we find ourselves in another national lockdown to help prevent further spread of the virus, you may ask what has changed since the first lockdown last year?
In lockdown 1.0 estate agents had to stay at home too and were not permitted to travel to prepare marketing of your home or to conduct viewings. This time the Government have confirmed house moves can go ahead, along with searching for a new home and marketing your home – providing you follow the national guidance on moving home safely.
To minimise any risk we are now conducting first viewings virtually by preparing a video to be e-mailed to interested buyers. Wherever possible, the first viewing should always be carried out in this way, with those most interested then visiting the property in person to confirm their potential purpose.
If you are just bringing your property to the market or don’t yet have a video, we can attend the property to do this for you. However, if you are extremely vulnerable or would just prefer not to have this visit to your home, then here are our top tips for producing your own virtual viewing on your smart phone.
1. Tidy Up! No one wants to see dirty plates in the sink or shoes left on the floor. Clear surfaces and clutter to make your home appear as spacious as possible.
2. On a dark day you made need to make sure your curtains are fully open and lights are on.
3. Turn your phone onto video mode.
4. Ensure you are in landscape (not portrait) as this will attract more views to your property.
5. Walk slowly and surely around your home as you would if you were showing a buyer around and if you would like to, talk to us about the hidden features or the best bits of your home. Why did you fall in love with it and what have you loved most about living there?
6. Start outside and walk up the garden path (assuming you have one). It helps buyers to see your home from the outside and a 360 degree view of your road outside also gives a good indication of the location.
7. Film downstairs and then upstairs if your home is on more than one level.
8. Film continuously if you can which will speed up the time it takes for us to get your video in front of buyers, but don’t worry if you can’t – we can edit for you.
9. Don’t forget the garden and views if you have them. Talk about sun if your garden is filled with it and parking/garaging. Maybe you are well located for a bus route, shops or schools.
10. Don’t forget the all important work from home space. If you have a dedicated room then tell us about it and how it has helped you this past twelve months.
If you have any more questions or concerns then please get in touch and let us be of help.
Good luck with your move!